Web analytics serve as valuable resources that building product manufacturers can leverage to gain insights into customer interest and the effectiveness of their marketing efforts. By analyzing various metrics, such as downloads, pageviews, clicks, exit rates, and saves, manufacturers can understand the intent of online visitors and make data-driven decisions to optimize their sales and marketing strategies. According to Forbes, “Businesses that use data-driven marketing strategies have five times more ROI than businesses that don’t.”
Key Analytic Types:
- Downloads: The number of times product-related documents or files are downloaded by visitors, indicating the level of interest in the product.
- Pageviews: The total number of pages viewed by visitors, reflecting overall website engagement.
- Clicks: The number of times a visitor interacts with a specific element, such as a button or a link, providing insight into their browsing behavior.
- Exit rate: The percentage of visitors who leave a page without interacting with any elements, suggesting potential issues with the page’s content or design.
- Saves: The number of times visitors save a product or document for later reference, indicating a higher level of engagement.
- Referring domains: Are you paying for listings on other sites? If so, measure your return and cost per lead.
Understanding Visitor Intent:
Each of these analytic types offers a window into the intent of an online visitor. By closely monitoring these metrics, building product manufacturers can gain valuable insights into customer behavior, preferences, and needs, helping them tailor their marketing and product offerings accordingly.
Product Performance and Submittals:
For building product manufacturers, having their products specified and included in submittals is the ultimate goal, particularly when focusing on expanding commercial sales. To assess product performance, manufacturers can analyze the relationship between web analytics and submittals:
- High analytics and high submittals: These products are performing well, with strong interest and high inclusion in submittals.
- High analytics and low submittals: These products are attracting interest but may require further optimization to improve their submittal rate.
- Low analytics and high submittals: These products may have a niche market or a loyal customer base, resulting in lower overall analytics but consistent submittals.
- Low analytics and low submittals: These products are underperforming and may require improvements in marketing, design, or other factors to boost performance.
- Regularly review and analyze web analytics to identify trends and areas for improvement.
- Identify analytic benchmarks as key performance indicators (KPI’s) to assess your efforts over time.
- Optimize product pages for search engines (SEO) to increase visibility and attract more visitors.
- Test different marketing strategies and content formats to see which resonate best with your target audience.
- Use web analytics to identify bottlenecks or issues with user experience and make necessary adjustments.
Using web analytics effectively can significantly improve sales for building product manufacturers. By understanding visitor intent, optimizing product offerings, and leveraging the powerful tools provided by platforms like Concora Spec, manufacturers can maximize their SEO and drive success in the competitive building product market. Concora Spec, not only provides comprehensive analytics on product performance, including views, clicks, saves, downloads, and submittals, but also goes a step further by identifying the online visitor themselves. Lead-level visitor analytics include name, firm, title, occupation, email, phone, and geo-location by state and country. This empowers manufacturers to make informed decisions and optimize their sales and marketing efforts for maximum impact, ensuring their products stand out in the architecture, engineering, and construction industry.
If your analytics are not providing a detailed picture of your products’ health, reach out to Concora today. Book a demo at https://concora.com/book-a-demo/ for a professional assessment and optimize your business for success.